R G Carter was asked to construct a new office link block between two existing buildings, at the head office in Wymondham, Norfolk.
This build was part of George J Goff Ltd’s consolidation project to enable its oil distribution depot, accounts and call centre operations to work from one site.
- Work practices had to be adapted to conform to requirements of petrochemical operations.
- Site remained operational at all times – oil supply and distribution could not be affected.
- Below ground hundreds of unknown, unrecorded cables were exposed which had to be hand excavated and placed in new ducts below ground without upsetting operations.
- Build includes glass curtain walling
- Open feature staircase with glass balustrade
- Considerate Constructors Bronze National Site Award
Tim Mills, Property Manager for George J Goff Ltd:
“I am delighted that this site was found to be amongst the nation’s top performers against the Considerate Constructors Scheme Code – but I am not surprised.
Should this site win an award, it will be a fitting testament to the extraordinary efforts made to both understand our business and ensure that R G Carter always found a way to meet our operational needs.”
“High risk sites always call for consistent attention to detail and to the client’s needs in terms of changing conditions and consideration for staff and visitors working near to or on site. Carters performance in these respects was exemplary. Attention to safety and environmental concerns was equally effective. ”
« Basepoint Business CentreSt Ives Business Park »