The project was for the provision of 180 apartments with parking on King Street in Norwich, Norfolk, backing on to the river Yare.
- Constructed on a brownfield site, the project consists of three main blocks using a combination of existing structures, including a grade 2 listed building and retained facades, with new build infill
- Underground parking
- Public access along the City Wall and beside the rivers’ edge has been retained
- The design enhances the area, retaining the existing features of the riverside.
- Existing attributes such as exposed brickwork and other traditional architectural features have been effectively incorporated into the new development.
- The new build frontage on King Street provides a striking landmark to this historic area
- The new build structures have been designed to combine with the re-developed warehouse buildings.
- Many of the apartments have panoramic views of the river and cityscape.
« 100 St Benedicts, Broadland Housing Association Level 5 Sustainable Home, New Lynx Housing Trust »