Following the stripping of asbestos roof sheeting and extensive demolition, the works comprised the two storey extension of the existing 1970s single storey brick build flat roof office and ambient store, along with the construction of a new chilled store facility for Pilgrim Food Services distribution centre.
- New steel portal frame
- Ribbon windows & composite cladding to provide a modern appearance
- The existing ambient store has been extended in height from five metres to nine metres, doubling it’s capacity. The building was also clad with Corus composite cladding and Kingspan white wall food safe panelling.
- The existing concrete slab has been overlaid to withstand the loads imposed by the new racking and forklift activities.
- The largest element of the contract was the construction of a new 2000m² cold store, capable of storing goods at temperatures as low as -22°C.
- Provision of new canteen and amenity rooms to support 24 hour working on the site.
- The new chilled store features a highly insulated twin floor slab designed to prevent cracking from the effects of either extreme cold or high point loading.
- State of the art high speed doors utilising air curtain technology to prevent heat loss.
The offices were fit out to a high standard and benefit from air source heat pump heating, air conditioning and ventilation with heat recovery.
Safestore Storage Centres »