Safestore, the Uk’s largest self-storage business is in the process of expanding its portfolio.
R G Carter constructed three recent stores: Crystal Palace, Barking and Bolton, each ranging in size from 1,500 square metres to 1,900 square metres.
- All three buildings were constructed from a structural steel portal frame with brick/block cavity wall at low level and insulated power coated profiled cladding to the remaining elevation and roof.
- A reception area, office and staff facilities were incorporated within the schemes, together with lifts, car parking and external works
- As the primary contractor we coordinated the clients’ directly employed subcontractors, to ensure the timely installation of the mezzanine floors and associated staircases, storage units, lifts, security and corporate signage.
- Each site provided its own specific challenges, from unexploded bomb surveys and flood protection measures needed at Barking, to asbestos decontamination required at Crystal Palace.
• Photovoltaic cells were used on the roofs of Bolton and Barking facilities
• BREEAM ‘very good’ for Bolton and Barking
• Considerate constructors said of Safestore Crystal Palace: ‘a professionally presented site with a good approach to issues covered by the scheme. Thought given to neighbours and maintaining communications.’
• Mr Andy Robinston, Construction and Facilities Manager of Safestore said: ‘thank you for all your dedication, effort and hard work in getting our new store in Crystal Palace completed. I know it hasn’t been the easiest of projects to work on, but I really do not think we would have achieved our goal without you. Your commitment to the project has been second to none and I can honestly say it has been an absolute pleasure working with you.’
« Chilled Distribution Centre, Pilgrim Food ServicesChilled Distribution Centre, Waitrose »