This project involved the construction of a new 32-bed medium secure unit at St Johns House Hospital, Palgrave near Diss in Suffolk.
- Using traditional construction methods the build comprised single storey wards and two storey staff and ancillary areas.
- The scheme offers two 16 bed psychiatric wards and an administration centre.
- To meet the demanding construction schedule, the three buildings were constructed simultaneously with individual site managers and construction teams responsible for each.
- The design includes a wealth of security and safety features to ensure the wellbeing of both patients and staff. These range from the materials used in external seating to automatic key control systems.
- Careful management of vehicle movements to and from the site, as well as noise pollution were required due to the new facility being located close to an existing rehabilitation unit run by Partnerships in Care, who specialise in helping people return to the community.
« The Big C Family Support CentreRadiology Unit, West Suffolk Hospital »