Tesco Southam was the first modular store of this size constructed using the modular method for Tesco.
For some time Tesco had considered whether or not modular construction would suit superstores and R G Carter worked with them to pioneer this process
- The scheme consisted of a Greenfield site with a new petrol station and formpave permeable car park.
- The store was built from modular units which were craned into position over five days.
- The store is clad in timber
- A timber lobby and canopy feature at the front of the store
- Steel and timber clad cage marshalling area and loading dock
- Service yard for the store.
The store features a wealth of sustainable initiatives including:
- Energy efficient ventilation
- Photovoltaic and solar panels
- Natural refrigeration
- Rainwater harvesting.
« Adnams Flagship Cellar & Kitchen StoreZero Carbon Superstore »