R G Carter was asked to design and build a two storey, 26-bed extension to an existing care home, with a 12.5m link building to join the existing care home to the new extension.
A second phase of the project saw the complete refurbishment of the original building to provide en suite bedrooms with improved facilities.
- Under floor heating throughout
- Sprinkler and fire alarm system
- New boiler and water supply system
- Disabled access platform lift
- New access road
- Landscaped gardens.
- Careful consideration of health and safety issues were required, including the provision of temporary fire escapes, as the project was carried out whilst the care home remained fully operational. The residents then moved in to the new extension to facilitate the second phase of the project.
- Construction of temporary fire escape during works to ensure the continued safety of residents.
The Big C Family Support Centre »