Plant Hire Co-Ordinator
Thetford, Norfolk - Permanent - 8am - 5pm
We are seeking a pro-active and conscientious Plant Hire Co-Ordinator to join our small team based in Thetford. This is an extremely fast-paced, reactive position supporting the team in providing a front-line plant hire service for the company, to include on hire, off hire, exchanges, movements, breakdowns, tendering requests, reporting, and sourcing plant from the internal fleet and external plant suppliers.
- Responsible for all plant hire requests and process all on hires, off hires and exchanges
- Managing system requisitions, calls and emails
- Liaising with workshops and transport to ensure equipment is available and can be transported
- Raise and issue purchase orders and send Terms and Conditions
- Ensure suppliers are aware of our policy No Purchase Order (PO), No Pay
- Liaise with site, workshops and supply chain to coordinate any breakdowns of plant both internal and external.
- Operate and maintain day books recording all communications coming into the hire desk.
- Weekly live hire reports to be made and circulated
- Hours are Monday to Friday 7.30am-5pm
Key Skills & Knowledge
- Experience of working within the plant hire industry or construction industry would be beneficial however is not essential
- Exceptional customer service skills along with working to source requirements quickly and cost effectively
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Able to work as part of a team to ensure team objective and targets are met including identifying potential areas of performance improvement
- Have previously used computer systems to enter and retrieve data, maintain records and produce reports (use of COINS would be an advantage)
- Must be able to accurately record information and data
- Ability to work under pressure
- Must be able to professionally manage stakeholders and ‘push back’ using appropriate reasoning thereby ensuring company and statutory requirements are met
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel
Why join us?
For a century, we have provided thousands of individuals with rewarding and fulfilling careers. To ‘build for the future’, we need to recruit and employ talented people who share our values.
At R G Carter, our six key values reflect what we stand for and deliver as a business, and define our unique culture. To view our Values in full click here.
Awards & Accreditations
Offering experience and specialist knowledge in Construction, Engineering and Manufacturing, we deliver award winning, innovative projects, for both public and private clients and across a wide range of sectors.
What we offer
A career path
We offer a variety of career paths that will challenge and inspire you to fulfil your ambition. If you are just starting your career, developing your skills or you are experienced in your trade or profession, we can offer you the next step.
Here are some examples of our team, who have built their career at R G Carter:
Will Loades, Site Foreman
Will excelled as a bricklayer to the extent that he took part in the national SkillBuild competition making him one of the best bricklayers in the country at the time. Achieving an NVQ level 4 in Site Management at a very young age, he went on to manage some very prestigious contracts, including large domestic contracts for important clients. He has also often been seconded to our Norwich company due to his knowledge of traditional building skills and materials.
Will is currently studying for a level 6 qualification in Site Management and his current General Manager says that Will is Senior Management material.
Gary Mann, Property Surveyor
Gary was one of the youngest apprentice carpenters to join R G Carter at our Drayton office. Becoming an established and competent carpenter in a short space of time, he quickly developed an interest in Site management, running sites in Building Solutions and later on to main contracts. Before long he became a fully-fledged Site Manager, able to take responsibility for any size contract and was recently Project Manager on the conversion of St Stephens Towers in Norwich.
Continuing to enhance his career with the Firm, Gary is now a Surveyor within our Property Development team.
Will Robinson, Project Manager
Will joined the R G Carter as an apprentice bricklayer back in 2001. After achieving his level two and level three qualifications, he was quick to move into Site Management and establish himself as a competent manager, running large contracts. Many prestigious projects have since been managed by Will, including Ryle Yard at the North West Cambridge Development.
Will also studied and achieved an NVQ in Senior Site Management as well as a NEBOSH qualification in Health and Safety and now works as a project manager looking after the local government school’s framework.
Mario Rackham, Director and General Manager
Mario Rackham started his career as a carpenter, enrolling direct from school on an apprenticeship with the Firm. Further to becoming expert in his craft trade, he quickly progressed to becoming a Site Manager, and onto Contracts Manager, working on a variety of high profile projects.
Showing skills within client liaison, construction and people, Mario became Director and General Manager, and is now responsible for the delivery and management of our Drayton office and construction projects across the Norfolk area.
Lindsey Howard, Group Marketing Co-ordinator.
Starting in Office Administration within Corporate and Finance, Lindsey’s attention to detail, organisational and accuracy skills soon became apparent, enabling her to develop a new role as Group Insurance Administrator. Managing claims for the Firm, the role developed Lindsey’s written communication skills and data reporting, highlighting a clear Marketing path to fulfil her creative potential.
Less than ten years with the business, Lindsey became Group Marketing Co-ordinator, allowing her flair for communication, presentation and analysis to flourish. The role continues to develop both her design and digital skills, where she now develops a variety of marketing materials and website and social media content.
We are committed to ensuring all our colleagues, at every level, have opportunities to develop their skills, knowledge and abilities. By doing this we can ensure that you are equipped with the tools to capitalise on the many and varied opportunities which can maximise your potential within the Group and ‘build your future’.
This is a selection of recognised training and development bodies, that we currently work with:
Collaborating for Social Value
We are proud to support a number of schemes which demonstrate our commitment to provide opportunities to enter the construction industry and support the development and wellbeing of our employees. As an inclusive employer, we encourage applications from underrepresented groups and celebrate the value that a diverse workforce brings.