Over the last three years we have completed the construction of four police stations for Norfolk Constabulary.
The most recent was the operational deployment base at Cromer. The project involved the construction of a new single storey police station incorporating offices, external secure store, parking, ambulance station and new site access.
- Traditional build with concrete strip foundations, masonry load bearing structure and partitions, structural steel roof, aluminium curtain walling.
- Photovoltaic panels and heat pumps provide energy for the building which supplies heating, hot water and runs the computers.
- Sun pipes help illuminate rooms by with natural light from
- The roof is crowned in sedum to provide insulation and return oxygen to the atmosphere, as well as helping with bio-diversity.
- The scheme at Aylsham included a wind turbine and a Wind Catcher natural ventilation system, further reducing the energy requirements of the building.
« Lifeboat Station Extension, RNLI