DARTeC was constructed in partnership with Cranfield University and major industry partners such as Research England. The facility will spearhead the UK’s research into digital aviation using technologies to deliver greater efficiency and enhanced safety.
The centre is the University’s central location for research across the digital systems technologies impacting aviation across Transport Systems, Aerospace and Manufacturing. DARTeC will address research challenges facing the industry including:
- The integration of drones into civilian airspace
- Increasing the efficiency of airports through technological advances
- Creating safe, secure shared airspace through secure data communication infrastructures
- Increasing the reliability and availability of aircraft through self-sensing, self-aware technologies
- Game-changing digital air traffic control tower and next-generation radar technologies all form part of this unique research and development environment at this licensed airport.
Our works included:
- Entrance hall
- Open staff areas
- Executive boardroom
- Hangar Laboratory
- National Beyond Visual Line of Sight Experimentation Corridor
- High Performance Computing Facility (HILDA)
- Passenger Experience Laboratory
- City Boarding Laboratory
- Artificial Intelligence Laboratory
- Integrated Transport Systems Laboratory
- Connectivity/ Holographic Radar Laboratories
- Computer Vision and Analytics Laboratory
- Sub-station Housings and Caretakers Store
We liaised with the site facilities management team to extend and commission new services to the building. Our commissioning process included liaison with site wide systems to procure and balance the new services. We also carried out a mixture of hard and soft landscaping on the new facility, and connected services to the other side of the Autonomous Vehicle Road.