The R G Carter team carried out the construction of a New Crematorium and Memorial Gardens on greenfield site in Herne Bay, Kent. The new site sits on a huge 14 acre expanse of the land, providing a 98-seat chapel, waiting room, crematory and office space with surrounding gardens, ponds and wild flower meadows, creating the perfect tranquil space for visitors.
The job included trench and pad foundations as well as a metal deck to support heavy weight of a cremator and garden store equipment.
Other elements of the project:
- Steel frame for the back of house and office areas
- Glulam frame for front of house areas including a 98 Seat Chapel, waiting room and vestry
- Glulam floral tribute walkway with living fences
- Internal brickwork feature wall around centre Catafalque stonework detail
- Traditional plaster finish internally
External works included:
- Block paved car park, block paving footpaths as well as Golpa System to overflow car Park
- Self-Binding Gravel Footpaths Throughout Memorial Garden
- Extensive Landscaping and Seeding to the Site with Turfing and Planting of Shrubbery Around Building
- Extensive Groundworks Including French Drainage, Biodisk Sewage Treatment and Ponds/Swales/ Culverts