ThreeScore, Bowthorpe

The ThreeScore development in Bowthorpe on the outskirts of Norwich is a development of 153 high quality social and private one to four-bedroom homes being built in four sections. Bowthorpe Care Village is also included in the development and was completed as Phase 1 in 2016.

The development began in 2017 and is being undertaken by Norwich Regeneration Ltd, a body set up by Norwich Council to meet the demand for new housing across the city.

62% of the homes are highly energy-efficient Passivhaus designs and the remaining 38% are built to building regulations plus standard.

The 95 Passivhaus homes are designed to maximise solar heat and have triple glazed windows, mechanical ventilation, very high levels of insulation and an air tight envelope which cannot exceed 0.6 air permeability on an air test. They have brickwork to the first floor, a sarna flat roof, joist and cement board cladding from the first floor to the roof and attractive balconies. The standard plots are designed with a standard red brick and grey tiled pitched rooves

The site is proud to be a 2020 Considerate Constructor Bronze Award Winner and a number of R G Carter apprentices have been employed on the project.

Due to the successful completion of the first two phases, R G Carter were contracted to build the 76 homes in Phase 3 which commenced in Spring 2022.

Lion Homes
Norwich, Norfolk
August 2021
Hamson Barron Smith
Back to Projects