The restoration of the historic WWII Watch Office, on the former airfield at Alconbury Weald, is now nearing completion. Occupied by both British and American Forces from 1939, the building was originally used by pilots for accommodation, with the main control tower a later addition.
This Grade II listed building is a very important part of the local heritage, and central to the Alconbury Weald development, and so our team have been honoured to be help transform it into new community space and offices for local charity Groundwork East.
Works to be completed include minor detailing and landscaping, before its official opening later this summer.
For more on the project and to see what it looked like prior to restoration, go to https://lnkd.in/gVNdCR2