The works, at Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge, comprised the remodelling and extension of the existing Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Spectroscopy (MRIS) unit including the demolition of the existing single-storey structure and the construction of a new two storey facility incorporating a shell for a separate turnkey project to install MRIS machines.
- Foundations for the build comprised reinforced concrete pads, ground beams and slabs.
- External walls were part masonry and part timber framed.
- Roofs were, in general, timber trusses.
- Works also included the major refurbishment of existing areas including extensive mechanical and electrical installations, external works and drainage.
- R G Carter has a long standing relationship with Addenbroke’s Hospital. Other works carried out for this client include; constructing a new eye care centre; a new multi-story car park; refurbishment works to the Paediatric unit; fit out of the ACCI Unit; construction of the Smithkline building; redevelopment and refurbishment of the Ultrasound department and refurbishment works to the Alice Fisher Theatre.
« Little Waltham Doctors SurgeryVascular Surgery Unit, Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital »