R G Carter were delighted to have secured this project on the Royal Opera House Production Park in Purfleet, Essex, part of the Thurrock Thames Gateway regeneration project.
- Refurbishment of a derelict but Grade II listed farm building and Essex barn.
- The main barn is now home to a lecture theatre and function venue.
- Old cart sheds have been restored and now host meeting rooms and a reception area.
- Construction of a new barn to match the original Essex barn.
- Construction of new plant room buildings and food store.
- An old workshop has become a bicycle storage facility.
- Ground source heat pumps installed which are low energy and low cost but keep the barn at a regular 20ºC.
- Rainwater harvesting system
- Ultra-violet water treatment plant
- Walled landscaped gardens have been created which are open to the community at all times.
- Won two RICS awards for regeneration and conservation
- Selected as the Eastern Regions Project of the Year
Paul Latham, Regeneration Practice: “The quality of this project is a credit, not only to the professional team, but to R G Carter and your team.”
« Activity Centre, Norfolk & Norwich Association for the BlindNew Premier Inn Hotel »