Endurance Estates commissioned the construction of St Ives Business Park in Cambridge. Starting with two corporate headquarters buildings, the overall master plan will see extensive further development of the site to form a major business and residential location.
- The headquarters provide a total of 3,645m2 of corporate office accommodation across two buildings, with parking for 152 cars.
- Constructed using piled foundations and structural steel frames, the external facades utilise a mixture of brickwork, feature stonework, ribbon glazing and rain screen cladding. Curtain walling to the entrances provides a high quality finish and allows the reception areas to be flooded with light.
- Finished with state-of-the-art facilities, including VRV air conditioning and Fibre optic and broadband capabilities.
- The park enjoys the benefits of a guided busway constructed by Cambridgeshire County Council, linking the site to Cambridge, relieving congestion on the A14.
- Accomplished design brief to achieve the highest architectural quality and specification, with exceptional user flexibility.
- Flood risk issues were addressed by designing a large undercroft utilised for parking on one building and a raised ground floor with flood management systems on the other.
- Severe snow and weather conditions during construction were addressed by re-programming work activities to ensure the project was completed on time.
John Davies, Chairman of Huntingdon District Council:
“Thank you for this wonderful scheme”
« New Offices, Goff PetroleumLinden House, Pigeon Developments »